Resolve landlord and tenant disputes
At rhw we understand the importance of preserving valuable relationships during turbulent times.
As a tenant your relationship with your landlord may be strained for several reasons and whatever these may be, our team of experienced Residential Property and Dispute Resolution Solicitors will prioritise achieving your objectives in a cost-effective manner.
As a landlord you will no doubt have very clear objectives around protecting your investment and securing your income. We will advise you in a realistic manner.
As these disputes often involve your home, our Solicitors appreciate that this is often more than rectifying a formal dispute. Our Solicitors will not lose sight of this and will demonstrate a pro-active approach to resolve disputes as effectively and promptly as possible for you.
L&T Issues - How rhw can help you
The most common disputes between landlords and private tenants are tend to be related to three areas:
- Non-payment of rent– always a common problem that can get considerably more acute in economic downturns or recessionary periods. It is an area that needs to be addressed as early as possible. Sometimes the reason is not directly related to an inability to pay but can be when the tenant is withholding rent in protest, for example when property repairs haven’t been completed.
- Property repairs– disputes can occur through a variety of repair issues such as when a boiler breaks down, a roof starts to leak, or there are issues with the plumbing or electrical items.
- Damage to the property– This is an area that often causes disagreements. How reasonable wear and tear is defined and the state of a property when vacated can lead to withholding of deposits and related disputes.
Summing up the main areas rhw can help with are as follows.
Landlord & Tenant disputes rhw can assist you with:-
- Rent arrears
- Disputes involving breaches of covenants
- Possession actions
- Deposit disputes
- Service charges
- Repair disputes
- Eviction disputes (Section 8 and Section 21 notices)
We assess both sides of a dispute and advise accordingly. To maximise the likelihood of resolving your dispute make contact with rhw as soon as possible as some aspects of disputes over property matters can be time sensitive.
Contact rhw’s Dispute Resolution team today.
rhw can help with Commercial Property disputes as well. Contact the Dispute Resolution Team to discuss your requirements. Call 01483 302000 Email firstname.lastname@example.org