- rhw offer guidance and representation at every stage of the adoption process to prospective adopters, children, birth parents and other relatives
- rhw provide a specialist and sensitive service to clients
- Those who are considering adopting a child in theUKwill need to be assessed/approved as potential adopters by a local authority or an approved adoption agency
- The assessment process can take a considerable length of time to complete; it is important to be realistic about the process and timescale involved
The Adoption Process
Our team can guide you through the entire process, to include:
- Getting the ball rolling with adoption proceedings
- Dealing with concerns about an assessment
- The Regulations
- Obtaining adoption orders
- Post-adoption steps
Our team is also able to provide advice and support to families in respect of all issues/problems that may arise after an adoption order has been made, such as:
- Searching and re-establishing contact with an adopted child, birth parent or other birth family members
- Advice/representation on post adoption contact matters
- Dealing with issues relating to post adoption support from the local authority, health authority or education department
- Situations where an adoption placement has not worked
If you would like to talk to us regarding an adoption matter or if you have any further queries, please contact rhw’s Darren Francis who has experience across this area. In particular, Darren can assist with:
- in advising and representing clients at each stage of the Adoption process from Placement Orders being granted in care proceedings, through the assessment period to finally obtaining Adoption Orders on behalf of prospective adopters.
- has assisted prospective adopters in contested Adoption applications.
- can assist with clients either privately paying or part-funded by the relevant Local Authority.
- has gained a wealth of experience in Adoption through being involved in care proceedings from the initial Child Protection stage through to Final Care Orders being made.
- has also advised step-parents in applying for Adoption Orders, assisting with making applications and representation at Court.