Special Service for Covid 19 Emergency
Here at rhw we are very aware that the current ‘lock-down’ restrictions can cause immense stress for existing clients, those that are still living with a partner they are midway through separating from, or for those who are just finding the proximity of being with their partner 24/7 intolerable.
We have suggested some ways to make life easier if you need to mitigate your stress levels over to the right of this page.
However, if you need to speak to one of our Family Law Team, they are here for you. Elizabeth Leah , Bethany Rickerby or Clare McNeill are offering 20 minute FREE consultation sessions over the phone/video conferencing.
If you need some advice, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01483 302000 and we will set up a time for either Bethany, Clare or Elizabeth to contact you.
How to deal with stress and 'lock-down' issues
There are a few ways to mitigate some of those stresses:
- Introduce a keep fit or meditation session into your daily life
- Use mental health and relaxation sites. Many are offering FREE courses at the moment. One example is https://www.mindful.org/
- Agree set times during the day where each person in the house gets use of the TV or living room.
- If you really need to, schedule use of the kitchen and bathroom.
- Use the once a day exercise allowance to get out of the house. Go for a walk or a run.
- Use the phone or zoom app. Talk to friends and family.
- Where there are shared facilities such as food or toiletries, agree a rota for who buys what, so you are not doubling up and wasting money.
- Don’t drink too much alcohol or drink too much coffee. Both can disrupt sleep patterns and cause mood swings.